Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

I am home for the entire week and couldn't be happier. My last day of work was this past Friday and we don't open again until the new year which is great! I love being home and have been busy doing Christmas related activities ever since.

Sunday morning I had brunch at Nick and Johnnies with some of my very best girlfriends from high school. We usually get together one night before Christmas to do a little holiday get together, but this year time got away from us so we had a bottomless mimosa brunch instead (which I didn't hate...). It was great to catch up and we all exchanged cute little gifts!
Me and my best West Palm friends :)
 
Yesterday Christmas Eve was spent between my dad and mom's side of the family. We spent the day hanging out with my mom and the evening with my dad and step mom's family. They have the tradition of having about 30 people over and it's always fun seeing all the adults and kids together. Dan and I opened a couple of gifts and then went with my mom and brother to midnight mass. It was a long evening, but definitely worth it!
 
Christmas Eve!
 
Today has been a great but fast day. As usual, we woke up way too early and opened presents with my mom and enjoyed her breakfast casserole she only cooks on Christmas morning! (Which I oppose and think she should cook all the time!)

After gifts with my mom, we headed to my dad's house to open presents with him. Dan completely shocked me and got me a Michael Kors watch that I am now obsessed with! My dad got me a beautiful saphire ring that I love, and my mom got me the best jewlrey holder that will now be holding all of my newest additions ;)

Because I couldn't just pick one picture to represent today,  I had to create this instead..

 
 
As I am feeling blessed and certainly grateful, I always make sure to stop and remember the real reason for this time of the year. Sometimes I get so stressed out and anxious about the smallest things that really don't matter, and still need to remember how grateful I really am. I have a roof over my head, a healthy family that loves me, and wonderful friends and boyfriend. I hope everyone takes the time like myself to be thankful for what they have and to truly remember the season.
 
Merry Christmas, Everyone! I'm off to enjoy dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment