Sunday, December 9, 2012

St. Augustine

I hope everyone had a great weekend! These past couple of days I was in St. Augustine with Dan, my dad and step mom, as well as my step grand parents. Dan and I had been planning to go as our anniversary trip, and my dad had been planning a trip with the rest of the family so we decided to turn it into a family trip and surprise Donna! Boy was she surprised to see us! I love surprising people and see how happy they are when they get excited. She was shocked and it made my weekend.
IMG_3330
We stayed at the 44 Spanish Street Inn. It was a great place and was in walking distance to everything. Linda was a great innkeeper and she made the best breakfast! When we go back next year, I know we’ll be staying there again. IMG_3344
Saturday we walked around downtown and did some shopping. All I bought were postcards with alligators on them, so I’d have to say it was a success. I love how this town sits on the bay. It was super foggy out, but it kind of gave it that wintery vibe!
Dan and me on the water!18297_3979689019225_151778533_n
After walking around all day, we headed back to the room for a quick nap. Before dinner we headed out to the Tiny Martini Bar that is part of the Casablanca Inn. Literally about 10 people can sit at the bar. I love it! Of course we had to get our espresso martinis at the martini bar!
IMG_3327get-attachment



After drinks we ate dinner at O.C. Whites. The food was great! I got the chicken parm and was stuffed after 2 bites. I filled up on their crab artichoke dip before hand. I couldn’t help myself, it was so good!IMG_3334
The best part about St. Augustine this time of year is all of the lights they have decorated with throughout the city. The town itself is already so historic and special, this time of year just seems to add something to make it even better. I love this town and can’t wait to go back and visit!
I hope everyone has had a great weekend and is ready for the work week! (I know I’m not…) I’m off to watch ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas movie: The Mistletones starring Tori Spelling. I’m obsessed with the old school 90210 so this movie is right up my alley. Winking smile Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment