Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wings and Waves Airshow 2012

This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in Daytona Beach, Florida, with Dan, my mom, and aunts for some fun in the sun. The Wings and Waves Air Show takes place every other year in Daytona right out front of the Hilton Daytona Beach. (Which is where we stayed). The view is phenomenal and the fact that we can watch the air show from the beach was even better! We were there from Friday to Sunday which was just the perfect time for a quick get away.


Friday night we spent hanging out, catching up with family, and eating dinner at the hotel. Saturday and Sunday was the day of the actual show.  The show featured different groups of pilots that did all types of cool tricks in the sky. While I didn’t get any pictures of the planes actually flying, Dan was snapping away. He was in Heaven. (He actually wanted to be a pilot growing up).


IMG_3148              IMG_3149IMG_3155IMG_3159

Some Pictures From Left to Right:

1. Dan and I on the beach waiting for the planes to fly over!

2. Dan and I actually got to listen in to the United States Air Force Thunderbirds in their cock pit while they were flying over. It was one of the coolest things to be a part of!

3. Me, Vicky, and my aunts at dinner. What a fun night it was. Smile

4. Dan and I on top of the Ferris Wheel (which you’ll find out I’m a love for) at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk. If you’re in the area, make sure to check out the Boardwalk. It reminds me of a Jersey Shore style boardwalk that only contains food, fun, and entertainment.

I’m already ready for the next Air Show! If you’re in Daytona Beach in 2014 make sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment