Thursday, November 1, 2012

Early Voting

 

With Election day being right around the corner and me starting my new job on Monday, I did not want to be that person having to go to the voting polls on Tuesday and waiting in lines all day long. In fact, I think I would have ended up not voting all together if I had waited until Tuesday to go and vote.

While I was out and about yesterday, I decided to stop by the local Library which was hosting early voting and decided to take my chances and wait in line. I thought the mid afternoon may be a good time to go and vote and boy was I right!

While I still ended up waiting about 45 minutes, the actual voting process took me about 5 whole minutes. I suppose I was a lucky one considering I had heard people waited for 3 hours the day before.

Some tips on Early Voting::

- Bring a fully charged phone or Tablet/ Ipad like I did. Most places have Wi-Fi and it kept me entertained!

-Bring a water/snack.

- Come in the early in the afternoon right after the lunch time crowd, or in the mid morning around 10 AM.

-Make sure to have your driver’s license and Voter’s Registration Card.

-Bring a jacket because if you’re waiting outside, it could get cold!

-Have patience. It may take a little bit, but remember what you’re doing is a big deal.

-Look up the Amendments and know what you’re voting for so that way you don’t have to read through everything and take up more time than you actually need.

I VOTED EARLY, HAVE YOU?

IMG_3224

No comments:

Post a Comment