Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Don’t Worry, Be Happy

As I start the second day of January, I can’t help but have this anxious feeling continuously creeping up on me and it will not leave my side. These past couple of months I’ve been having a serious change of heart in my career path. The moment I was hired I was overly excited thinking this was a great opportunity and could not be more excited for the adventure. Well, here I am two months later really wondering if this job is for me.

Ever since college I have constantly gone back and forth between teaching and journalism. I’m sad to say it took me 4 years of college and 6 months after graduation to realize that I ultimately want to teach. I am now looking into every opportunity that may come my way and that I can finally get into teaching. Sadly, I am only one class into my Master’s in Education at UCF. My problem is that when I want something done, I go out and do it right away. This is definitely going to take me a lot longer than a moment to figure out.

I was searching bible verses (since that tends to comfort me in times of need) and came across one of my favorites:

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”

I have many other resolutions in my life, but I am really going to try and take this verse and apply it to my own life. It comforts me and it brings me to a point where I feel like it was written for me. Is there anyone else out there possibly going through what I am at this moment in their life? Comfort grows by the numbers. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment