Friday, January 11, 2013

Wedding Weekend

My first wedding weekend is upon us! 

Last night my friends Jacqueline and Omar celebrated with a joint bachelor/bachelorette dinner at Rocco’s Tacos in Dr. Phillips. The restaurant just opened a couple of months ago and you can definitely tell. The place was packed! There were about 3 bars with both in and outside seating. The funny part was watching older adults come in at 11 pm for dinner! I’m usually in bed by 10:30! Needless to say, this play was fun and hip and I loved that they had a DJ that was playing music and watching people dance just around the tables. It’s funny how the vibe was so clubby you could just get up and dance around your table as opposed to say, going to Longhorn and trying to dance there.. you get the point!

The lovely almost married couple!

Last night a lot of this happened:


The drinks were good and rather strong. (A little on the expensive side for a college grad...) I enjoyed the chicken quesadillas for dinner. I had a momentary thought that I should probably take a picture of the chips and guac as well as my meal, but by the time I had this thought, I had consumed everything. Oops. I need to work on my blog photo taking skillz. 
At least I took pictures of people!



The rehearsal is tomorrow afternoon and then the wedding is on Saturday! I’ve never been involved in the wedding planning/party process so it’s been interesting to watch it all come together. I’m just so excited for the wedding day and for the reception. We all know that’s the best part ;)

The Bride to Be and her Bridesmaids!

The only bad part of the evening was waking up early and realizing I had an 8 hour work  day ahead of me. A bachelorette party on a Thursday night is never a good idea when you have to work the next day! 

Happy Wedding weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment