Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Best Moment of My Life

Happy Sunday!

As most people can probably agree, if someone were to ask them what the best moment of their life was, it’d be hard to pick something that really stood out. Especially if you were my age.

Well, I’m happy to say that if someone asked me what that moment was, I’d be able to say it was January 5, 2013. The day that I jumped out of an airplane with my best friend. Yep, Dan and I went skydiving. He and I had always wanted to do it, so I thought a great birthday/anniversary gift would be to take him skydiving. We just got around to doing it one month late. Let me just say that it was well worth the wait. The feeling that you have jumping out of the plane and free falling then flying with a parachute is nothing I have ever experience before.

Molly 001Molly 019

Let me break it down:

1 PM- Our reservation time at Sky Dive Sebastian. We park the car and head towards check in. Fill out paper work (aka the “Sign Your Life Away” waiver) and walk to the car to empty our pockets and what not.

1:15- They’re calling our names to strap us in our harnesses and give us a brief explanation of what to do and when to do it.

1:25- We’re packed like mules into the plane! We’re sitting person to person literally someone was touching my back and stomach at the same time. Literally cannot believe I’m doing this and praying to God I will live.

Minutes later—I jump first! I have the “Oh s***” M0ment” as the guy who is filming me is hanging onto the outside of the plane IN THE AIR and the guy I’m strapped to is pushing me out the door. I’m sitting there thinking, “no turning back now.” No fear, no knots in my stomach, nothing. Next thing we know I’m OUT of the plane. Freefalling. What a rush. The feeling of having no thoughts, just falling through the air is something I can’t really explain. You just have to go and do it. Our fall lasts about 5 minutes and I’m back on the ground. The adrenaline is pumping.  It is so cool sitting in the plane hearing them talking about the 8 seconds between each jump, stressing how we may not be able to jump because there is only a pocket of land showing between the clouds. Racing against mother nature to get this jump in before the clouds take over. Then, jumping out of a plane  and having the best. feeling. ever.

We spoke to people around us after we had jumped and they told us it is definitely a bucket list item to check off the list. People go their whole lives not knowing what that feeling is like, but to say I know it is pretty amazing. It was hard to believe that within 30 minutes the whole thing was over. The best part about the end of our jump was being able to crash the bar and have a much needed beer. Winking smile SkyDive Sebastian was a great place to go. It was along the coastline, so the view is amazing. The people were so relaxed and chill and all the tandem skydivers had so much experience and made you feel at ease with your jump.

If you go- You MUST get the pictures and video at least if it’s your first time. I’ve already been watching the video and looking at pictures over and over again to relive that moment. It it definitely a must.

Everything else I did this weekend seems minimal to that, so I’ll end it on that note. If you have the opportunity to ever SkyDive, you have to try it. I could go on and on about it, but I’ll stop there for now Smile

Molly 062

No comments:

Post a Comment